It's that time again, where I give you guys a monthly update!
So, I'm working on those projects I've promised you last month, and got a little side-tracked when a few friends of mine got me access to the ESO Beta! If you don't even know what that is, then may I direct you to Skyrim! ... Or Oblivion... Or Morrowind... Etc. Anywho, I've purged the last three days of the beta to determine this much:
- Beautiful graphics. I can't complain. Just as amazing as Skyrim was!
- Compared to major other MMORPGs... This one is the best! Largest map I've EVER been on. If you thought Skyrim was big... Well I'll tell you that it's as big as Stros M'kai! It takes one about 30 minutes of real life time to get across that Covenant island. And the best part is, you can't teleport anywhere except to 'wayshrines'! Makes sense, once you see it. These islands/lands/countries... Are so huge you'd have to give them awards for this.
- The storyline is fantastic. Three different ideas of the nine different races all combined into different alliances? What much more could one ask for!
- The fact you actually get to be someone in the games. Such as, once you're able to battle for your alliance, you get to work your way up to enough as an emperor of a land. Pretty fantastic if you'd ask me!
- Having so many people on at once DOESN'T lag at all despite the fact of one giant server! Incredible!
- Ease of finding friends is always a plus! The easy contact section will surely awe us all.
Okay... So that's the good side, and I can go on-and-on... So let's get to the downs.
- Expect minor glitches, as they've gone where nobody's gone before... I've noticed some quests get bugged, if the npcs have to spawn outside of dungeons. It's not a big deal, just go level up elsewhere and own the person later!
- Once you've done dungeons, you can't go back. Kinda sucks, really because you can't help anyone. But I suppose it's fair, yeah?
- The monthly fee is a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it compared to other MMORPGs. WoW is expecting you to pay the same price, plus more for really small areas and multiple servers AND the fact of different must-have-expansions-without-advancing type of packs... The only thing ESO doesn't have is a free trial, but I can see it being in the near future.
- I honestly can't decide between any of the alliances, as they're all so good with their own story line... So fortunately... I have to have multiple characters! Woopsies! Then again, maybe this shouldn't be a con, eh?
Well... I just can't help myself and share the love with you guys. If you're passionate like my dad and I, then you'd feel just the same!
Not to mention, but I've heard rumors that I'm starting a YouTube Let's Play channel? Oh... That's right... These rumors are slowly coming to be! Perhaps they'll start with ESO? Who knows!
Anyhow, that's my monthly update! Stay programmed, friends.